The DHA was created by Law 13 issued by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai.It was created in June 2007.His Excellency Qadhi Saeed Al Murooshid is the Director General of the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
The main services delivery at DHA are quality, efficiency, patients and staff .Dha provides professional license for Nurses as per the following titles.
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Assistant Nurse
In determining the eligibility of an applicant for Licensing with DHA, an applicant is eligible to be licensed if they completely with the following requirements
1. Educational Qualification
- Approved bachelor degree or its equivalent degree in nursing or nursing less than 3years duration.
- Current licence to practice in home country and /or country of last employment.
- Recent practice (no interruption in practice for more than 2 years).
1) A client with COPD is admitted to the medical surgical unit. To help this client maintain a patent airway and achieve maximal gas exchange the nurse should
a)instruct the client to drink 2L of fluid daily
b)Maintain the client on bed rest
c)Administer anxiolytics as prescribed ,to control anxiety
d)Administer pain medication as prescribed
- Evidence of successful completion of an approved nursing education programme.
- Nursing Transcript – the applicant must provide a full transcript clearly stating the breakdown of theoretical and clinical hours per subject of the nursing programme.In case of Post Basic BSc nursing holders ,the applicant must provide GNM transcript and Post BSc transcript.
- Valid practice licence in country of graduation or country of last employment for prior 2 years.
- Valid certificate of good standing from previous licensing authorities.
- Evidence of experience.
- Passport copy .
- One colour passport size photo
3. Renewal of licencensure
All healthcare professionals are required to renew their health regulation department licensure every year.All nurses and midwives wishing to renew their licence must demonstrate
- Request in plain paper with own email address and phone number address of concerned authority to
whom the certificate is to be issued.
- Attested copy of registration certificate
- Attested copy of SSLC page showing date of birth
- Fee of Rs-2000/per candidate outside the country
- Rs-500/per candidate within the country
NOTE:-Vide challan available from the KERALA NURSES AND MIDWIVES COUNCIL OR DEMAND DRAFT (DD)
FROM SBT in favour of “REGISTRAR,KERALA NURSES AND MIDWIVES COUNCIL”payable at