1) A client with COPD is admitted to the medical surgical unit. To help this client maintain a patent airway and achieve maximal gas exchange the nurse should
a)instruct the client to drink 2L of fluid daily
b)Maintain the client on bed rest
c)Administer anxiolytics as prescribed ,to control anxiety
d)Administer pain medication as prescribed
2) A client with end stage pulmonary hypertension tells the physician he doesn’t want to be placed on a ventilator .The physician enters to don’t resuscitate orders into the hospital’s computer system.Which ethical principle is the nurse upholding by supporting the clients decision ?
3) A client has a sucking stab wound to the chest. Which action should the nurse take first ?
a)Draw a blood for a haematocrit and hb level
b) apply a dressing over the wound and tape it on three sides
c) prepare a chest tube insertion tray
d) prepare to start an IV line
4) A client is prescribed Rifampin (Rifadin) 600 mg p.o. daily.Which statement about rifampin is true?
a) Its usually given alone
b) its exact mechanism of action is unknown
c) Its tuberculocidal, destroying the offending bacteria
d) it acts primarly against resting bacteria
5) Which performance improvement strategy helps prevent adverse reaction to blood products?
a) confirming client identification with two qualified health professionals
b) obtain baseline vital signs
c) instructing the client about the signs and symptoms of a blood reaction
d) priming the blood administration tubing with normal saline solution
6) A client is diagnosed with a chronic respiratory disorders.After assessing the client’s knowledge of the disorder,the nurse prepares a teaching plan. This teaching plan is most likely to include which nursing diagnosis ?
b) imbalanced nutrition: more than body requirements
c) impaired swallowing
d) unilateral neglect
7) A young adult was told that he had a significant reaction to the Mantoux test .The nurse explains that this means he:-
a) has active tuberculosis
b) had active tuberculosis
c) has been exposed to tuberculosis
d) is immunocompromised
8) A client who underwent surgery 12 hours ago has difficult breathing .He has petechieae over his chest and complains of acute chest pain.What action should the nurse take first ?
a) initiate oxygen therapy
b) administer a heparin bolus and begin an infusion at 500 U / hour
c) administer analgesics as ordered
d) perform nasopharyngeal suctioning
9) A nurse is caring for a client who has a tracheostomy and temp.103 0 F .which intervention will most likely lower the client’s arterial blood oxygen saturation ?
a) endotracheal suctioning
b) encouragement of coughing
c) use of cooling blanket
d) incentive spirometry
10) The client determines that a mechanically ventilated client requires restraints . Which restraint device is most appropriate for this client ?
DHA Model Question Paper
International Modern Hospital is a tertiary multi-specialty hospital having state-of-the-art facilities and expertise in all specialties with capabilities of providing treatment to all types of Medical and Surgical emergencies.
Qualification:BSc Nurses/MSc Nurses (Holding DHA License / DHA Eligibility letter)
Bachelors in Midwife with DHA certified as Registered Midwife, having 3 to 5 years recent experience in Labor & Delivery Room Unit (Fluency in Arabic / English).Candidate holding DHA eligibility letter to apply.
Phone:+971 4 406 3000
CV to Email:email@example.com